Tuesday, August 5, 2008

<3 of the non-cohesive variety



"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get- only what you are expecting to give- which is everything. "

-Katharine Hepburn


There is so much talk about love, I know. Quizzes, self help books, poems, songs. Its all around. Any statement you make about love sounds like plagiarism*. But what if its true? If "all you need is love" do I still need to acknowledge that someone else had the same though? Ahhhh. 


I love people, do you?
Have you ever said I love you to someone and not meant it?

I know there are many kinds of love, and I'd rather have all of them in my life. Eros, philia, and agape. For those of you who missed that sunday school or mythology lesson, that is: erotic or romantic love, love based on friendship, and unconditional love. 

Where does the love fit in that feels like someone is tearing you apart- a la  Mrs. Coulter severing your daemon from you, or even just pulling a little too far? (talking about souls here, people). Don't get the reference? Go read  His Dark Materials. Anyway.... I think most people have experienced that too. But where would we be without it? The world needs passion. 

 Wow. Well. There it is. 

*Is this really how you spell plagiarism? Apparently it is, according to everything on the internet, but... it just looks so wrong. Weird. Plagarism? Yikes.

No comments: