Thursday, September 4, 2008

do de do


When you read poetry, or anything someone has written, unless you know exactly what they are talking about, because it is about you, or because you have talked to them about it, it really can be about whatever you want it to be. This allows us to take some things really personally, that really just aren't. But it's not fun if we don't, at least sometimes! And doesn't satisfy the ego.





When I write something, usually I just put it out there, and never know what other people think about it, or if they even read it, but, it was really cool when recently a friend told me his translation of "translation." It might have been about very specific things to me, but I really liked his take on it too. Maybe even a little more than my own personal translation. Neat!










I taught some more students today, and I still think that middle school kids really are fun to teach. So eager! So excited! I really enjoyed teaching the kids today. This is a huge relief- I really had absolutely no idea if I would like it or not, and I was leaning towards not. I think out of anxiety, but I guess being grown-up Laura isn't as scary as I thought it would be.

I still miss being on Tallahassee Time though. More to come on that subject later. :)








The pictures are... me... and some of the people I miss and want to see soon!!

No comments: